Autumn Leaf Luminaria Craft
Glowing Waxed Paper or Colorful tissue Paper Fall Leaf Luminaria Craft
A while back, I posted about how to make mummy luminaries for Halloween. This time around we have a variety of leaf luminaries for fall. We took a couple of approaches to this, and some worked better than others. Here are the luminaries that worked the best for us.
What You Need to Make Tissue Paper Autumn Luminaries
- Fall-colored tissue paper
- White glue
- Glass jar
- Fresh leaves in autumn colors
Tissue Paper and Luminary Craft Supplies
Wrap your jar with tissue paper. You only want one layer so that your light will shine through your luminary.
Glue leaves to your tissue-covered jar.
Add a candle to make your autumn luminary glow.
The other version we made utilized wax paper, crayon shavings, leaves, and an iron. Unfortunately I don’t have pictures of the process.
Pretty wax paper "stained glass" makes for gorgeous autumn luminaries that look like they're frosted.
- Lay down a piece of wax paper.
- Arrange leaves on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle on crayon shavings.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper.
- Run a hot iron over to melt the crayon an stick the wax paper together.
- Cut the final product to size, and tape it around your jar.